Saturday, December 24, 2011

2 down, 6 to go!

It's bad, so bad.  But, it could be so much worse!  I realize that.  The fatigue is overwhelming at times.  The muscle pain was worse this time around.  Nausea comes in waves (especially with smells, sounds and bumps to the bed) but, is manageable with the meds.  And...I lost my hair with this last round.


I didn't prepare myself for how painful losing my hair would be.  The first round made my hair follicles tingly, but this time each follicle was on fire!  It was a burning pain.  Sherwood shaved my head for me.  That took the pain down a couple notches which was very helpful!  It was quite a shock to see myself for the first time in the mirror.  I still can't really look at myself with patchy stubble all over my head!  Not the greatest look.


My next round is Dec. 27th.  Hopefully I will have a good couple of days to enjoy with my family before I start it all over again.


Thank you Dr. Lewis for highly recommending the port-a-cath!  It's made the awful a little more manageable.  Not having to get poked makes it better!


I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!  May you hug your loved ones a little tighter, realize you are blessed a little more and have a larger measure of peace this time of year!!!


Hugs,
Becky



5 comments:

  1. You are still so beautiful Becky! I love your courage through all of this. It amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a merry Christmas, my friend. 3rd round--here you come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the positive attitude- you're amazing! And good luck with round three today. As always, we're thinking and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you were able to enjoy the holidays a bit. You are amazing! Good Luck this coming week! Christa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I've tried posting a comment and haven't been able to, but I think I have worked out the kinks! Thank you for posting! You look great even if you don't feel great. The loosing of hair is always harder than you think it will be. And it's not that you care about the hair. You know it will grow back. I guess it's a physical manifestation of what you are feeling on the inside. Having Sherwood there with you...I'm sure it's something you will never forget. We are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete