I am over the hump and on the downhill slope of chemotherapy! Last Tuesday, the 24th of January, was my first round of the second half of treatment. I am doing Taxol treatments now and will be done March 8th, if all my blood counts continue to look good!
So glad that I am done with the extra nasty chemo. I am hoping that the next 5 1/2 weeks will be a little easier than the last eight weeks have been! So far it is much more tolerable.
I have learned a lot in the last few months. Here are just some of my random thoughts...
1. Cancer has shown me who I really am, which I already knew. But, it's like being given a microscope and you are given a glimpse as to how Heavenly Father sees you!
2. The things that you always knew weren't very important REALLY ARE NOT important and you have no choice but to let them go.
3. The love, help and prayers from family and friends, and faith in God can get you through ANYTHING!
4. What a gift it is to be able to hold my children.
5. I appreciate the tiny little increases of energy and the moments I am given not to have to be in bed! These moments give me hope for complete recovery and helps me look forward to returning to 100% and pay it forward.
6. There are so many ways that it could be worse. I actually appreciate my current situation. I know that sounds strange!
7. A positive mental attitude (pma) can make the most terrible thing (you think) tolerable and even life evolving and enriching.
8. Nurses and other healthcare workers that truly love their work are little angels on earth!
9. Hair is really not that important but sure does keep your head warm!
On the horizon...surgery. Most likely I will have my mastectomy surgery toward the end of March or beginning of April.
But, I am focusing right now on getting through this first step of treatment and finishing strong.
I have been racking my brain (chemo brain sometimes!) on a great way to celebrate finishing chemotherapy. If any of you have any ideas I would love to hear about them.
A big, huge THANK YOU to everyone that have brought us dinners, watched our children, and cleaned our house. Words cannot express how amazing you all are!
Hugs and blessings,
Becky
Pink party! I wish I could throw you a pink party. I would, you know. You are amazing. You hair will come back one day and you'll love it more than you ever did before.
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you've come this far and that you're so positive!
ReplyDeleteLet's go to Hawaii!
ReplyDelete