It is one week post mastectomy surgery...still healing and still sleeping sitting up! Not very fun.
There is lots of pressure and nerve pain. To be expected.
The surgery itself went well. They removed the tumor and eight lymph nodes. I also had my port removed. Then, a tissue expander was placed to start making a space for an implant (done months later).
The pathology report came back saying that the cancer in the two lymph nodes was dead and no cancer in the other six. That is great news! The core of the tumor wasn't effected but it had shrunk significantly. Plus, the surgery removed the entire tumor.
I had one drain removed yesterday, which helps with the pain. My other drain will be removed tomorrow. Looking forward to getting that out! The drains have been a majority of the pain. So, I'm hoping my healing will be kicked into high gear after getting the last one out.
I'm still having a few chemo side effects but that is to be expected.
My next steps are to get my tissue expander filled to where I want to be (not much more needed actually!) and then I will start radiation once I can put my arm straight up over my head. Thinking that will most likely start in May.
So here are a few shout outs:
My wonderful surgeons! Dr. Lewis and Dr. Hancey...Thank You! You are true artists.
All the nurses that cared for me in the hospital...you are angels!
My family and friends...words cannot express how much I appreciate all your tender loving care, help and generosity!
THANK YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment