Monday, February 24, 2014

On the verge

I'm on the verge of something...
on the verge of a break through?
on the verge of a breakdown?
on the verge of a break up?
I'm on the verge of something.  I can just feel it!

I'd like to break up with the tamoxifen drug I have to take every day.  I've been on it for 1 1/2 years and I have 8 1/2 to go.  Well, that's what has been highly recommended to me, according to my oncologists and the MRC's study of tamoxifen on ER+ breast cancer patients taking it for 10 years vs. 5 years.  Here's the link if you're interested and have the time...
http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-us/cancer-news/press-release/study-confirms-long-term-benefits-of-tamoxifen
I've read the study.  I personally think it is incomplete.  However, I guess it's probably too much to ask researchers in a study of thousands of patients to consider lifestyle, stress level, diet, exercise habits and overall health in their study.
I know, at this point, if I continue I will most definitely have a breakdown.  8 1/2 more years of this drug is a big deal breaker for me.
I'm voting for a break through instead!

2 comments:

  1. I pray for a break through but I won't vote yay or nay on medicines - not my place or expertise. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete