Things are moving right along! It was a super busy week.
I met with my second oncologist on Wednesday. She is very matter of fact (which is how I like it come to find out!). The unanimous opinion is that I start chemo before having the surgery (neoadjuvant chemotherapy) and I concur. So, I will be starting on November 29th. It will be every two weeks for 16 weeks. I will be able to have it at Alta View Hospital. Then, after chemo I will have the surgery, which will put it around the end of March or early April (hopefully after spring break!).
Thursday I had the lymph node biopsy (still a little sore today, but healing). Hoping the results comes back clean. If not, I will have to have lymph nodes (on the one side) removed when I have the mastectomy.
Friday, I went to the dentist and got my mouth all taken care of before I start chemo. All these things you have to take care of that you just don't think about!!!
I am thankful for ALL the people that have gone before me that have blogged and written about their experiences. It will hopefully make my experience a little more tolerable!
We are still waiting for the genetic test to come back as well. Should be hearing back this week. That will change up some decisions if I have the breast cancer gene (BRCA 1 or BRCA 2).
Just a couple more doctors appointments this coming week. AND...gearing up for a good Thanksgiving, maybe sneak in a little pampering, and try to get as much done to prepare for Christmas as I can. Hoping my energy level cooperates!
Oh, and everyone has been asking if I need anything or if they can do anything for me. I really appreciate it. To help with this I have created a list of things I will need during chemo and some things I would like on my wish list with Amazon.com. Let me know if you would like to look at it and I will send you the link. (privacy issues as this is a public blog). Thanks!
Thanks for your continued prayers.
Hugs,
Becky
Becky, you can send me the Amazon link. I didn't know there was such a thing. I hope all goes well in the next few weeks. Kim Forrester
ReplyDelete